These pancakes are perfect breakfast and is easy to make too. It just popped up in my mind when i was wondering healthy breakfast for my son. Instead of making plain pancakes, i added ripe banana's and and whatever nuts that i have in the shelf. I prefer Atta flour (whole wheat flour ) due to its high fiber content. Banana rich in potassium and i use pistachios and almonds which also a source of fiber and minerals. The texture was very soft, tastes good and smells great! It's just a simplest recipe which doesn't require much ingredients.
1 1/2 cup Atta flour (whole wheat flour)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups of full cream milk
2 tbsp pistachios roasted
1 tbsp almonds roasted chopped
2 tbsp castor sugar
a pinch of cinnamon powder(optional)
- Mix salt in atta flour. Keep aside.
- Blend 1 banana, milk, egg, cinnamon powder and sugar in a blender.
- Mix with atta flour and whisk together.
- Chopped remaining banana into pieces.
- Add into the batter together with the roasted nuts.
- Add water if the batter is to thick.
- Heat a pan and greased with 1 tsp of butter.
- Pour a ladle full of batter. Let the undersides golden then flip over to cook another side. Transfer it to the plate.
- Eat while its hot. Serve with maple syrup or honey.