Full width home advertisement

Kids Menu

Post Page Advertisement [Top]




It crossed my mind to experiment something with the fish that I bought the day before. I was holding a bottle of yogurt drink on my left hand and the fish was in the bowl on my right.

Yogurt...Fish...Yogurt...Fish... And the rest is history...
The birth of the Delicious Yogurt Fish Curry! (6th July 2017)

OK, the truth is I had tried this recipe before with chicken before and it was a spicy success. But this time, I modified it slightly to suit  the fish curry.
As I had mentioned in my previous posts,  cooking is a kind of art. Your creativity doesn't have any limitations.
I'm sharing this recipe because my son loved the dish very much and mind it, he is a very picky eater. Another reason... i dont want to forget the recipe. How very selfish of me...get it?? sel"fish"..hahaha..

Here we go!

Ingredients for Marination :
Fish (I used Golden snapper 3 slices)
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Fish curry powder - 2 tbsp
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Salt
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Cumin crushed - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves crushed

Marinate the fish with all the ingredients above for about 1 hour. Since I'm a working Mom, I marinated the fish in the morning before leaving to work. Once back from office, I can straightaway start to cook the curry without further delay.

Curry gravy :
Oil
Onion - 1 chopped
Tomato - half chopped
Garlic pods - 3 chopped
Bay leaf - 1
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
Dry Chili - 3
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves to garnish

Grind to paste form :
1 tsp black pepper corns
1 tsp cumin seeds

Method of preparation :
Heat the oil in a pan. Splutter cumin seeds, bayleaf,  fenugreek seeds and dry chillies. Then add chopped garlic first. Saute for few seconds and then add chopped onions. Saute this onion till turns pinkish color.

Now add chopped tomatoes. Remember we are not going to add tamarind extract in this recipe. That's why i added tomatoes for the sourness. One more thing, even yogurt itself its sour so don't add too much tomatoes. Keep stirring until the tomatoes gets pulpy and mashed together with the onions.

At this point you may add turmeric powder and a pinch of salt. Stir for 2 min then add in marinated fish together with the marinated sauce. Mix together with the onions- tomato mash. Add in ground paste of pepper cumin into the gravy followed by salt to taste. Stir gently and keep the gravy simmer in medium flame covered with lid.

Let the fish cook for 7 minutes or more. Fishes are easy to cook so it won't take much time to cook. Now open the lid and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves as garnish.

Serve with hot cooked rice. My son said he loves it and its less spicy. He's a good critic cause as I mentioned above, he's still a picky eater.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib