Full width home advertisement

Kids Menu

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


I have never thought of doing homemade kaya (coconut jam) myself since its always available in any store. Furthermore, there is always leftovers which need to be cleared after the expiry date. I insisted of making Homemade kaya one Sunday, when I was looking to prepare breakfast. My first trial went wrong, not sure what was the problem. The taste was there but the texture and appearance was totally unacceptable. I was quiet disappointed and determined to try again. My second trial was as I expected. It took about 1 1/2 hour to complete the process.
Here is the recipe:

Ingredients :
  • 3 Large eggs
  • 350 ml Coconut milk
  • 250g Sugar
  • 7 Screwpine leaves
Preparation method:
  1. Break the eggs in a bowl and beat lightly. 
  2. Add sugar and stir lightly stir until sugar dissolves. 
  3. Blend the screwpine leaves with coconut milk in a food processor. Strain to remove the blended leaves. 
  4. Add the pandan milk into egg mixture. Stir to combine.
  5. Strain again to eliminate impurities. 
  6. Place a stainless steel pot over double boiler. Transfer the mixture into the pot.
  7. On a low heat stir the kaya mixture occasionally for 1 hour or longer until the spread curdles to thick paste. 
  8. Remove from the fire. Let it cool before serve. 
  9. Store the kaya in a airtight container and keep in a chiller to prolong the quality. 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib