3 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/3 cup Hershey unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup hot, strong-brewed coffee (3 tbsp of Nescafe Gold)
3/4 cup high protein flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons vegetable oil (i use Olive oil)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence15 Oreo halves, with cream filling attached
1 3/4 cups plus whipping cream
3 tablespoons icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 cup Oreo cookies, finely crushed
Oreos for the top of each cupcake
- Preheat oven to 190 degree Celcius. Twist Oreos in half and set aside the extra cookies for later. Place the side with cream filling in the bottom of each cupcake liner, cream-side facing up.
- Mix chocolate and cocoa powder in a medium bowl and pour the hot coffee over the mixture. Make sure the coffee is hot enough to melt the chocolate otherwise you will have lumps. Whisk until smooth and transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk dry ingredients ( flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda) together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredeients (oil, eggs, vanilla, and vinegar) in a separate bowl. Later mixed into the cooled chocolate mixture until smooth. Fold in flour mixture and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Fill each cup to 3/4 full. Bake until cupcakes about 17-20 minutes. Allow to cool first before frosting.
- Frosting -In a bowl combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Make sure the whipping cream is chilled before use.
- Beat on medium-high speed until the whipped cream holds stiff peaks.
- Scoop the mixture into a pastry bag and pipe on top of the cupcakes. Garnish with Oreo cookies on top.