Dear readers, here's my another kitchen experiment with the available stuff in my pantry. Why I'm saying this only my brother knows!!! Hi hi hi. I was really rushing that day! I came back about 6.30 pm from work. Then I have to rush out before 7 pm. Dinner must be prepared. Just Imagine! With the limited time I could only think something very quick and easy to prepare. Then came this idea. My hubby helped me in mincing the chicken. My brother helped me to cook the macaroni and I did the rest. I manage to move about 7.05 pm from home happily. That's why I could not take any pictures of the dish. Promise to you all next time. It was so perfect and super delicious! Especially for those working mums, please try this recipe and feedback to me. Sure your kids love it. More cheese (cheddar) on top will be more desirable.
- 1 cup Macaroni
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Carbonara Mushroom sauce (I use Prego brand)
- 1/2 Onion thinly slice
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Carrot cubed
- 1/2 cup Chicken minced
- 1/2 cup Green pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Chili powder (opt)
- Cook the macaroni in a boiling water for 8 minutes. Add salt and few drops of oil during boiling. Drain and rinse in cold water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add sliced onions and garlic and fry for few seconds till aromatic. Use high heat. Careful constantly stir to avoid burning!
- Now add the minced chicken, carrot and green bell pepper altogether and fry till cooked. Add cooked macaroni. Sprinkle a pinch of salt. Turn off heat. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Preheat the oven. Transfer the macaroni into a casserole dish or any baking pan.
- Mix with shredded cheese and Carbonara mushroom sauce. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Hold for 10 minutes at least before serve.
I did not add any herbs here since its already added in the sauce itself. If you happen to use mushroom sauce as replacement, then 1 tsp of oregano should be enough.
Have a try!
Here's my second version with added grated cheddar cheese on top