Normally fish can't keep long in the fridge since the taste will not same as freshly bought. Here in this case, i prefer to do fish bake, otak-otak , cutlets, or anything else but not curry. This time i intended to do cutlets with some leftover fishes, so that my son could have it as snack. Since im doing for my son as well, therefore i used minimal spices and just added the ingredients as i wish. I can't believe as this is the best cutlets ever that i made so far. So funny! Sambal gravy was served together especially for my hubby.
- 500 gm fish preferably spanish mackerel (tenggiri),marinate with fish masala powder for 10 minutes then steamed and flaked.
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed
- curry leaves, chopped finely (opt)
- 2 tbsp of coriander leaves chopped finely
- 1 onion chopped finely
- small piece of ginger, chopped finely
- 1 red chillies finely sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp coarsely pounded fennel seeds
- 1 egg well beaten
- Bread crumbs.
- Oil for frying
Mix all the ingredients together except egg and bread crumbs. To make more refine and well mixed, i dry blended the mixture in a food processor without water for 2-3 minutes.
Substitute for the bread crumbs, cornflakes were blended to semi fine texture.
Shape the cutlets into rounds and press to make it like vadai.
Dip and coat with egg then into breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in a pan.
Fry each cutlets after final touch in medium flame until cooked or golden brown.